Sunday, January 10, 2016

Little Elephant Baby Shower

This past weekend was my niece's baby shower! I cannot believe that she is having a baby! I cannot wait to meet her little girl! This was officially my first "big" event, as I was making the favors, cookies, and cake pops for the dessert table. 

My niece decided on a silver gray and baby pink color theme and I must stay it all came together beautifully! The centerpieces were galvanized buckets of baby's breath (compliments to my sister in law!) placed in the center of round tables covered with a baby pink table cloth. Little hand made elephant confetti was sprinkled around the centerpiece and it was perfect.



I thought it might be cute to have guests sign in when they came to add to a scrapbook or photo book and when scrolling over the internet, I came across a similar idea to this, but used another free elephant graphic instead. I bought a balloon hole punch and glued the balloons all over the paper. It came out so cute!!!



Then I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have guests write little notes to the baby and her Mumma and Daddy? Michael's was having a sale on the Valentine's Day supplies so I bought a pink Valentine box and decorated it then made a cute card and placed it on the gift table. I made a little Gift and Card sign as well.


Gift and Present labels




The favors were little elephant sugar cookies and I used royal icing and pink glitter dust to make the cheeks. A black edible marker was used to make the eyes of the elephants on the cookies and cake pops. 






I made additional cookies for the dessert table using marshmallow fondant and heart sprinkles. The cookies were sugar cookies with royal icing and sprinkles as well. Everything came together great!!


Dessert tag labels





Dessert Ingredients- for allergy awareness





The cake pops were a hit. I used vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and they came out fabulous!!! They were the cutest baby elephant cake pops ever!!! Click on the link to find out how I did it! I modified the original design by using royal icing for the ears rather than the chocolate wafers, but they still came out cute!!!  Here are some photos from the dessert table and the event!! What a great day. The cakes were not my creation but the woman who did them is amazing!!! Check out her work too!









A marshmallow fondant elephant that I made to go with the theme :)
I made this to go with the decor but also for the baby's room using ribbon, a gift box, stick on bows, and a paper lantern.
This was such a great time and everyone had a blast. This was by far my favorite party to do and although the cake pops were time consuming, it was well worth the effort!!! Enjoy!!!!

Congrats to Steph and Joe!!!
Welcome Charlotte!



2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Such an amazing elephant baby shower. You have prepared lovely cookies and they are looking delicious too. Was looking for best ideas for my niece’s baby shower at one of Los Angeles event venues. Will use this theme for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!! So glad you liked them! Let me k ow if you need any other ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete