Saturday, May 6, 2017

First Communion Cake 2017

So once again, I got to make a cake for a customer's daughter's First Communion! It came out great! I used a fabulous vanilla cake recipe from Yolanda Gamp from How to Cake It- I LOVE her! She is so funny and extremely talented too! 

I covered it with chocolate buttercream and white chocolate/marshmallow fondant. I made tons of white, light turquoise and teal flowers and a pretty teal cross topper that I embossed using various icing tips. 

I used a tappits curly letter cutters to make the letters and pretty sugar pearls to adorn the top. The sides were embossed with a diamond print and garnished with pearls and smaller flowers. I used dental floss to lace small fondant beads and hand cut a cross to make the rosary. I love this cake.









I was very happy with how it came out, but boy was it a heavy cake!! Check it out!! Feel free to message me on FB if you are in the area and I can make a creation for you! I work great from pictures as a base and can customize the cake to your liking! Find me on Facebook too!!

Ariane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment