Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Elf Shenanigans 2013- Part 3!

So our cute little elves decided to try to pack Kayleigh's lunch on Sunday the 22nd, not realizing that she would be on vacation! Selsie chose marshmallows, Christmas tree cakes, and chocolate chip muffins. Kayleigh kindly thanked him and proceeded to ask me if she could eat it anyway.  Oh, dear.




That night, the girls had a sleep over under the Christmas tree. Tis the season for making memories, right? Who wouldn't want to do that?! The elves were pretty tired after their flight back from the North Pole, so they ransacked my sock drawer and found my fluffy, comfy, cozy red and white striped socks. They used these as sleeping bags and joined the girls that night in the living room. So cute!




Today, the elves brought Kayleigh a great gift from them. A baking set complete with a cute elf chef hat and apron that said, "I love my family" and Kayleigh's said, "I love my elf". She adored it and quickly made plans to make them their favorite cookies.





Tonight the elves fly back to Santa and it seems that the holiday season flew by even faster this year for some reason. Maybe because Thanksgiving came later. In any case, it went too fast. Just like Kayleigh is growing up too fast. I can't believe six years have gone by so quickly. That is why I write to her and journal and blog and create beautiful photo books. These memories are what is important- not the gifts or the money or the house or the clothes- but these wonderful times together that will live on and on and possibly become traditions she will use one day. Life is often short on magic but with a little luck and Magic Elf Dust, that can be changed.  Have a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment