Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Organizing

So I have been attempting to organize my many party planning bins. First I thought I would put each theme into separate bins... you know, the Mermaid Party in one bin, the Sugar Plum Fairy/Gingerbread Party in another, the "Letters to Santa and Frozen parties that I have been collecting items for but have not had yet" stuff in another..... and then I realized that I like to repurpose most things so....
 
I decided to keep all paper goods in one bin (napkins, baking cups, plates, plastic ware, streamers, popcorn buckets, etc.) and my fabrics (tablecloths, napkins, and overlays or backdrops) in another bin, and my theme items (ceramics that have a theme such as ice cream bowls or candy dishes or favors that go to those themes) in their own separate bins labeled with the "theme" for easy reference. I put all my chocolate molds and cake pans in another bin with the decorating tips and rollers. I have my chocolates (all being used soon!) for the molds in another Tupperware bin for safe keeping. I put my stamps and ribbons, and stickers in their own bin upstairs in the craft room. Ahh, there. Everything has its place- until I get bored or realize the set up is not conducive to my needs- ha!
 
I want to have items at the ready but also a place to put things when they go to a specific "theme" so that is what the smaller bins are for.  I have stuff for "Despicable Me" and "Wreck It Ralph/Sugar Rush" parties that my daughter wants for birthdays in the future that I have been collecting and thinking about. If it is on clearance or sale, and doesn't break the bank, hey they might be a fun movie night activity. I also had stuff for a Candy Shoppe birthday party in the future- I can combine that with Wreck It Ralph too! So many great ideas out there as well. My Pinterest boards are FULL of party ideas. I even tried out the minion marshmallow pops with Kayleigh and they came out great! I used large white circle sprinkles from Wilton for the eyes though, they looked cute too. Didn't have any Smarties.
 
I  think the best is when my little angel looks at me and says, "I have the best Mumma ever" and I ask, "Aww, thanks, but why do you say that?" She responds with, "You plan the best parties!" *tear* It is nice to know that she appreciates them and the hard work and fun that goes into creating them and seeing them come to life. She even started her own little planning notebook and started planning her 8th Minion birthday. It was the cutest thing! I took a picture of it. Check it out! I love her so much!
 


 
So cute!!! I can't stand it! Well enjoy and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment