Saturday, March 1, 2014

St Patricks Day fun and a Little Leprechaun shenanigans!

Who doesn't love a little shenanigans close to St. Patty's?! I am Irish so I love everything to do with the Irish culture and bringing the magic of the rainbow into our house each year is just as much fun as Christmas!

This year, I decided to introduce a "Leprechaun Trap" and a "Leprechaun House" to Kayleigh, who is old enough to decorate them. Maybe if we catch one, he or she will want to live with us in their special little house right? We shall see......

So of course I visit my mecca.... AC Moore and JoAnn's and check out the cute little notions that will become our house and trap for the wee folk.

This is our finished product-

 
The Leprechaun trap is still under construction.... but here it is so far....
 


She is so excited to catch her little leprechaun! Just in case he/she is extra sneaky and mischievous and is not able to convince him or her to stay..... I have made my little wee folk after an elf pattern that I purchased on Craftsy.com.

Here they are! May I present, Finn and Fiona!





Happy St Patricks Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment