Monday, February 17, 2014

Chocolate Play Dough Recipe for Some Valentine's Day Fun!


Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Birthday to my niece Kate as well! She is 19 years old today!

My little Valentine and I had a great time making Chocolate Play Dough! I used my favorite Chocolate Play Dough recipe and oh my goodness, it came out smelling just like chocolate fudge! Here is the recipe from the Imagination Tree.

2 Cups plain flour
1 Cup salt
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
2 tbsps. vegetable oil
2 tbsps. cream of tartar
2 Cups of boiling water*
4 Drops of glycerine (optional extra for increased shine and stretch)**

* I prefer the stovetop methods of actually cooking the dough. I feel that it results in better, more cohesive dough so I just added the ingredients in a sauce pan, added the water, and cooked it over low heat stirring with a rubber spatula until it came together. Then I kneaded it. ** I also did not add the glycerine, I did not find that I needed it.

It was a delicious, no calorie treat that both my daughter and my kids at school enjoyed very much!


 

 
The Delicious Looking Finish!
 

 
Kayleigh also woke up to a delicious little breakfast set up Valentine's Day morning!
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment