Saturday, February 1, 2014

Disney!

I am sharing one of my creations that I plan to give to Kayleigh when we go on another trip to Disney. It is an autograph book that includes pages for all four parks in Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Universal Studios.

This past summer we went down to Florida for a week and went mainly to Sea World, Aquatica, and spent a day at Discovery Cove and swam with the dolphins. That was amazing and I totally recommend it. Kayleigh and I just love the ocean and dolphins. They even had a baby dolphin named Kayleigh! She came out to say hello, but did not stay long. Our dolphin, Marina, was very sweet and just precious. I created an autograph book out of a 5x7 sketch book and decorated it using stickers and ribbon. It came out gorgeous and was a conversation piece for the characters we met when we went to the Magic Kingdom for a day. It actually got Kayleigh more time with the characters! She was in heaven. 

This autograph book used 10x10 chipboards that actually had the rings and the tabs in the kit. I found pretty shimmery paper and themed scrapbook paper and stickers to compliment the theme. Each park got its own tab and I used a master character list to try to get the main characters I imagined we would see in each park. Of course, this trip is not even planned yet, but it is definitely in our future so it will be used at some point. It was slightly expensive given the total cost of everything, but the project was fun to make and that is what I focused on. The idea came from a scrapbook pin on Pinterest. You can check out the website here. Tones of great ideas!  I think it came out pretty good too, don't you?

We are staying at the Disney's Beach Club so I wanted the front to have a "beachy" theme along with the inside cover! Kind of matches the Beaches N Cream Soda Shop doesn't it? 



This was the original cover that I had put on but changed it....


This is the inside of the books with tabs for each park.  This will be a combo smash book/ autograph book/ scrapbook with photos and momentos of the big trip! So excited!











For more ideas, check out my Pinterest inspiration board here! Check out my next post about my daughter's journal and travel autograph books! So cute! There will also be a post about the "exploding" (no worries nothing dangerous here- well maybe dangerously cute!) box as a way to surprise her before we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment