Saturday, May 23, 2015

Birthday Scavenger Hunt/ Surprise Disney Trip 2015!- Part 1

I am so super excited to share what I have been up to these past few months- well really years- while planning our Disney trip. You might remember the huge scrapbook that I had put together to use from this post here, but then I started thinking about all of the research I had been doing. One thing that stuck out to me was that I did not want to be lugging around such a huge autograph book in the Florida heat- no matter how great it turned out. I started looking at smaller ideas and finally after a few drafts, settled on a simpler version using a Frozen theme, binder rings, and 5x7 scrapbook pages. I had the holes punched at my local Fed Ex. The gentleman behind the counter was so nice and didn't even charge me for punching the holes! I had made a travel journal for my little princess (find the link here) and in that post there was also a smaller autograph book too. Here it is to refresh your memory :)



 But the more that I thought about it (and tried to contort it), it still would not fit in the sling style back pack that I planned on taking (less is more, right?) so I came up with this beauty.











All of the pages have a shimmery look to them and I found all of the products (including the shimmery ribbon that I found in the $1 section) at Michael's. Oh Michael's how I love thee! I totally cannot get out of there without buying something. So, after the construction of all of this, I thought, "How can I give all of this to her? Should I surprise her?" And then in talking to hubby, we figured that her birthday weekend would be a great time to tell her. She loves everything Frozen so I purchased a lot of Frozen items as well that she could use on her trip- bathing suits, flip flops, books, a drawstring back pack to carry her autograph book and travel journal (hey one can dream right?) so that I don't have to.....
I also purchased other Disney theme items such as little tsum tsums- they are precious! So cute and little and squishable- I have one (ahem- four) of my own. 

Upon looking at Pinterest and the internet I came across great ideas such as exploding boxes (no not the dangerous ones) and scavenger hunt ideas and decided to combine both into a Birthday Scavenger Hunt/ Disney Surprise! 

Here is the exploding box. Frozen theme of course!






and here are the little hints and birthday gifts along the way!

The hunt begins with clue number 1 and the first present (Frozen books and tsum tsums!)



Hint number 5
Hint number 6!
Autograph and Travel Journal hiding out with the exploding box
We will be staying at Disney's Beach Club and will do a variety of character meals to help with the meet and greets rather than stand in line at the parks. We were able to save 30% off of our room rates and get a 5th day free at the parks! I booked a travel agent from Mouse Hunter Travels named Katie Covington. She rocks!! Be sure to check her out. She is patient and answered all of my questions. Since I am alot like Sheldon Cooper in the organizational department, I had actually made rough drafts of what I wanted to do and when as well as a planner that I will print out and take with me. She even looked over it and made suggestions to help our trip run smoother! These Disney travel agents are awesome- they will even make your dining and FP+ (Fast Pass) reservations for you if you like! We were able to get some difficult reservations that way!

I will be sure to post additional pictures of the actual scavenger hunt and birthday surprise! I am so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment